Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring has sprung!

How do I know it's spring?  I could say that I could tell by the longer days.  I could say that I could tell by the beautiful flowers popping up ALL OVER the place.  I even watched as two flowers emerged on one of my daffodil plants.  We call them the twins because not only did two come up, but they are two toned.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get a photo.  Maybe.  I could say that spring has arrived because we are having 45 to 69 degree temperatures every day for the last week and more to come this week.  But someone else noticed that spring had sprung.  We found a little evidence of this on our front porch this past week while we were basking in the warmth of the sun:


My first thought was, "Oh, no!  The last time I had any dealings with this column, I was rescuing a rodent from it's depths."  Have you ever seen a soaking wet, very mad, squirrel.  I HAVE!  Anyway, I took a peak and the nest was empty.  Whew! 

Being the procrastinator I am, I waited to talk with The Man about it for about a week.  Him:  "Hey, we have a bird's nest on the front porch."  Me:  "Oh yeah, I meant to talk with you about that.  Should we take it down?"   Ha, fine time to take it down, girlie girl:


At first glance, you'd think, whew! she got away with procrastinating.  HA!  I have NEVER had such luck!

Aw!  How sweet!  If I had taken the nest down, that poor mama bird would still be flying around saying, "I am NOT going to just cross my legs until you build another nest!!!"

So I could tell you a whole bunch of canned reasons that indicated spring has sprung, or I could say that a little birdie told me so.  In fact, a little, fast, sensative birdie DID tell me so (click for a better view):

No comments: