Friday, July 09, 2010

Italian day

If this is what it takes to be Italian, I'd love to add that to my heritage.  I tried this: 


from the Proud Italian Cook and thought I'd died and gone to heaven.  Before you go comparing pictures, understand that I love to improvise.  With no strawberries in the house, blueberries was a realistic replacement.  Also substituted were:  almonds chopped into little pieces instead of almond flour and almond extract in place of amaretto (only use 1/4 of the amount the recipe calls for or it will be WAY too almondy). 

It was so very scrumptious, I hated to eat more than one.  Only the scrumptious foods have calories:-)   I truly would have felt guilty eating them all by myself, so I called a girlfriend (Hey Missy) and shared.  (Thank you for saving an extra slathering on my hips!)

No comments: